Monday, February 05, 2007

One step beyond


Good service is expected these days. To stand out and get people talking about your business you need to be different. I wouldn't suggest giving terrible service (although people would talk about you) so that means you need to give phenomenal service.

A great example is my recent stay at an Edinburgh hotel (The Knight Residence in Edinburgh).

I expected: Room ready at stated 2pm check in
Phenomenal service: Ready when I arrived early at 10am

I expected: Had my details on file
Phenomenal service: Had my details, my name was on my door, a personal welcome note was left on the table

I expected: Internet access in the room
Phenomenal service: They let me use their office computer to check my emails

The extra cost involved was nil but they turned me from a satisfied guest into a walking, talking marketing tool for their business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home