Monday, August 07, 2006

Colonising MySpace

I'm becoming slightly obsessed with MySpace these days - mostly because it confuses me - and not just me.

I get the social networking side, it's a bit like my previous post on Buzzzz. People love to keep in touch and be the arbiters of what's cool to their friends - online and 'real world' (in quotes because I'm no longer sure where the line is). What confuses me, marketers around the world and MySpace itself is how to harness its vast potential.

This article from news.com, has a stab at the idea as does a recent one in Wired .

The problem is simple, how to put a message across without stamping all over what makes myspace myspace - or does the idea of trying make it immediately the wrong idea - like sooooo many unviral viral ads? Maybe some places are just meant to be marketing free - not likely though is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home