Monday, February 12, 2007

Repetition, repetition end er?

I subscribe to the Jay Levinson's (Guerrilla Marketing Association) email newsletter. Today's installment got me thinking about repetition and frequency, i.e. how many times does someone need to see your message before they take action.

I know there are conflicting messages but Jay alluded to 19 or more repititions in one example and I have to say I doubt I would stay with any ad that long before pulling it or changing it. But then I thought about it a bit more and began to focus less about any single advertising message and more about all my marketnig messages combined.

Looking at it that way, 19 times is nothing.

Clients may have seen me dozens if not hundreds of times before they lift the phone or send the email that sends me paying business - on forums, this blog, free newsletters, articles I write, speaking engagments, workshops, direct mail, free reports, Squiddo lens etc...

So to make sure they all tie together and are recognised as the same, we need to present a consistent message across the board and use as many methods as possible to reinforce that message. In and of themselves, any one of the things I mentioned above might not bring in a huge amount of business, but if they serve to reinforce each other then the small time and financial costs are worth it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home